Heritage Memory Care sets itself apart from other dementia and Alzheimer’s care facilities with our passionate staff, painstakingly-designed property, and unmatched resources both for our residents and their families. All of our nurses are experienced in handling patients with dementia, and are available 24 hours to support residents with sleep disturbances.
Our unique “Heritage Way” staff training means we celebrate our residents’ preserved capabilities. By accommodating our residents’ definitions of reality in interactions, Heritage Memory Care avoids creating a stressful environment.
In addition to our superior mental health care, Heritage is dedicated to our residents’ physical well-being. To ensure residents are feeling their best, we provide:
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, meals, and incontinence issues
- Assistance with all other Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Medication management
- Live-in treatment and Respite Care
In our years of experience, the staff at Heritage has come to understand how social roles increase a person’s sense of purpose. We plan a diverse range of activities for our residents using knowledge gained from provided biographical information, as well as weekly ongoing skills assessments.
In addition, each member of Heritage’s staff is teamed with a resident through our Best Friends Program. Each staff member creates a shadow box outside of her best friend’s room that shows when that particular resident was born, where she lived before Heritage, and what she enjoys.
We value our guests, and want to make sure visitors to our dementia and Alzheimer’s care facility know all about their interests. We also don’t shy away from celebrations! Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays—Heritage Memory Care loves to party. We offer regularly-scheduled:
- Support and reminiscence discussion groups
- Discussion of current events
- Cognitive and sensory Stimulation, including memory games
- Trivia, storytelling, slide shows, and movie nights
- Poetry and spiritual readings
- Individual/group exercise and brain fitness
- Cooking and baking
- Art activities and exhibitions
- Craft making
- Musical activities, including sing-alongs and musical fitness
- Parties and tea socials
- Gardening, bird watching, and outdoor walks
- Pet therapy
- Projects and games
Heritage Memory Care is enthusiastic about preserving the meaningfulness of day-to-day living, which is why we offer a variety of amenities and services for our residents and their families. Indoor spaces are purposely enriched to decrease disorientation and sundowning, and our garden and courtyard are soothing but secure.
Heritage also strives to make sure residents can communicate with their loved ones as much as possible by sending monthly letters home to families, photographing important moments and pictures of celebrations, and providing internet access. Perks of living at Heritage Memory Care facilities include:
- Newly-renovated buildings with relaxing private units and common areas
- Private patio/healing garden
- Free resident WiFi
- Resident Email
- Delicious menus prepared by a registered dietician
- Visits from spa treatment, massage, and aromatherapy professionals
There is peace of mind in knowing that your loved one is getting the best possible nursing care for dementia in a comfortable, tranquil environment. Between our relaxing facility, devoted staff, and entertainment options, residents quickly discover how enjoyable life can be at Heritage Memory Care..